|Assistant Hockey Coach – Cheyenne Stampede
The Cheyenne Stampede is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Hockey Coach of the WSHL Juniors team. Responsibilities consist of assisting the head coach in all aspects of coaching, game management, recruiting and student development.
The Stampede play at the Cheyenne Ice and Events Center, In Cheyenne, WY where they practice 4-5 times a week and play games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The season starts at the beginning of September and runs through March.
Assistant Coach Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following)
Assisting in planning and supervising on and off ice practices;
Assisting in selecting the team;
Assisting in game management;
Assisting in/with equipment management;
Assisting in working with league officials and scheduling;
Organizing and enforcing a high-level off- ice workout plan;
Organizing and Clipping Video; Analysis of videos
Assisting in enforcing team rules;
Acting as the primary program director for local U8 program;
Assisting in recruiting & coordinating game day volunteers;
Monitoring student athletes' academic progress:
Will attend all Team Events and Local PR Events as assigned;
Must maintain professional and courteous manner at all times;
Administration duties assigned by the GM
Playing experience at the collegiate level (Preferred, but not necessary)
Strong knowledge of the sport of ice hockey
Coaching and recruiting experience
Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates - Effective organizational skills Valid driver's license is required, with ability to travel
Level 4 USAH Certification, CPR Certification
Also include in your application material the following: All earned academic degrees, your current employer, and contact information for 3 references.
Send a letter of application, resume, and salary requirements to: GM@CheyenneStampede.com
The Cheyenne Stampede of the Western States Hockey League is seeking qualified candidates interested in a part time or full time position in our Sales, Marketing and Promotions department. This position is an excellent opportunity those interested in sports marketing and enables employees to gain experience in multiple facets of the industry. We are looking for driven, independent workers who are willing to take on multiple roles for the team such a sponsor sales, ticketing and game operations.
- Create proposals for potential sponsors
- Gain revenue through multiple sales methods including cold calling, face to face presentations and networking events
- Establishing self generated leads as well as assigned leads from the GM
- Manage accounts in order to fulfill established goals
- Sell ticket packages, season tickets, group tickets, etc to community members
- Assist in game night operations including sponsor fulfillment, customer service and various other game night duties
- Unheard of Commission base (25-28%)
- As a good will gesture we will pay $30-$50 on top of your first commission check for expenses incurred.
- We want to establish a long term relationship with the new sales team member, and will reward the successful candidate in bonuses as the sales revenue increase.
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to: GM@CheyenneStampede.com with “Sales Team” in the subject line
- 1-2 years sales experience preferred
- Familiarity with the sports industry
- Highly competitive
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work game nights